- Fudge Sale: We want to thank all of the wonderful people, both students and adults, that volunteered to make the fudge for our annual fudge sale. Your time, and definitely your efforts were much appreciated. We could not have done it without your help. This is one of the biggest fundraiser the Band Boosters have and it takes a lot of work. A special than you to fudge chairpersons; Rick Giuliano and Diann & Rick Bielefeld for all their work organizing the fudge sale.
- Booster Officer Elections: And the nominees are....President: Mary Ann Henninger and Treasurer: Gary Steelman. Elections will be held at the next Band Boosters' meeting (April 5). If you would like to include your name and run for one of these office positions, please attend the meeting.
- High School Color Guard Auditions: The dates for the high school guard auditions will be from April 12-15th. We will teach the audition material April 12-14th from 5pm-7:30pm. We will meet in the high school band room. The audition day will be April 15th starting at 3pm until the end. Officer auditions will be immediately following the team auditions on the 15th. Info packets will be available mid-March. This audition is available to all current high school students as well as current 8th graders (as they will be incoming freshman next school year). Any student transferring into the district and wishing to audition may contact Mr. Roemer or Ms. Mills in order to be more informed as to the requirements of the program at Ross. Please contact Mrs. Mills at email@example.com with questions.
- RMS Band Film Festival featuring the 7th & 8th grade band, the Bucket Drum Group & Chicks With Sticks will be March 28th at 7pm in the RHS Performing Arts Center.
- 7th & 8th grade Solo & Ensemble contest at Clinton-Massie High School is April 16th.
- It's Official....The 7th & 8th Grade Concert Band will be performing at Kings Island on Saturday, May 14th.
Band Camp is July 31st, August 1, 2, & 3rd at Camp Lebanon in Oregonia, Ohio. Attn: 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th grade band and guard members, please make note of the 2011 band camp dates when planning vacations. ALL high school band and guard members are required to attend the camp. The band and guard members will learn the Marching Band Show at camp.
Also, pre-band camp will be held at the high school on July 25, 26, 27, & 28th. These are usually half day rehearsals. There will also be half day rehearsals three days per week in August up till the first day of school. More information will be sent home this spring.
Be sure, when signing up for classes for next school year at the high school, to sign-up for Marching/Concert Band. This is a split-block class all year.