The RHS Winter Guard and Indoor Drumline is off to a great start! Please be sure to visit our Facebook page to see more pictures from the Miamisburg and Northmont Competitions.
Solos receiving a Superior rating:
- Kasey Allen
- Marylynn Koons
- Brant Courtney
- Zoe Whitehill
- Grace Hall
- Claire Bulach
- Derek Johnson - 2 solos!
- Justin Bolin
Solos receiving an Excellent rating:
- Emma Trout
- Emmie Blum
Ensembles receiving a Superior Rating:
- Ross Flute Trio- Katelin Rousch, Maya Soundappan, Emily Schmitz
- Ross Clarinet Trio- Bri Fultz, Keri Parker, Mackenzie Elam
- Ross Saxophone Ensemble- Claire Bulach, Emmie Blum, Brant Courtney, Emma Trout
- Ross Percussion Ensemble- Josh Toney, Hannah Jones, Hannah Brown, Josh Inman, Zoe Whitehill, Julia Adams, Abby McCracken, Marylynn Koons, Derek Johnson, Spencer Wallace, Grace Hall, Nathan Hoeweler, Kevin Bunger, Ken Smith
Ensembles receiving an Excellent Rating:
- Ross Trumpet Quartet #2- Christian Cecere, Sara McKee, Lauren Schwab, Sammie Cecere
- Ross Trumpet Trio- Nate Ziepfel, Jacob Emenaker, Andy Davis
- Ross Ragtime Ensemble- Julia Adams, Hannah Jones, Josh Toney, Abby McCracken, Derek Johnson
Please mark your calendars - there will be a required Florida Trip meeting on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm @ RHS for students & a parent/guardian. There will be a band booster meeting immediately following.
The 2017 Band Savings Cards are available for sale. They are selling for $5 each with continuous discounts throughout the year. The card usually pays for itself within the first few uses - this is an awesome discount card, please consider purchasing a card or two to support the band. Cards are available from Mr. Roemer or Mrs. Duncan. Other places you can purchase the savings cards include Morgan and Elda Elementary School offices and at home basketball games (on nights when the pep band performs).
Our annual Fudge Sale is underway. All band members (5th - 12th grade) are selling fudge for $5 per pound (chocolate or peanut butter). All orders are due to the band directors by January 20th. The fudge will be delivered to school on Monday, Feb. 6th. Remember, "Makes a great Valentine's gift".
Fudge making day is set for Saturday, February 4th at the High School. We are in need of many volunteers to help make the fudge (you can help all day or part of the day - whatever works best for you), if you can help please contact Rick Giuliano at 868-9678 or Diann Bielefeld at 324-6111.